Fayerweather Will Settled.

On Monday in the Surrogate's Court the contest of the will of the late Daniel B. Fayerweather was declared at an end, though the terms of the settlement have not been made public. It is impossible to predict definitely how much Harvard will receive. Conservative estimates place the value of the estimates place the value of the entire estate at between $5,000,000 and $6,000,000. On this basis the residue will amount to about $3,000,000. Out of this, after the provisions of the will in regard to educational institutions and hospitals are carried out, there will be left about $1,000,000. A part of this $1,000,000 will be used for increasing the annuity of Mrs. Fayerweather, for making extra payments to the three nieces, and for lawyers' fees. The remainder will then be divided into ten shares, of which the Woman's Hospital will take five, Harvard, Yale, Princeton and Columbia one each. According to this division Harvard will receive between $50,000 and $100,000, but as yet it is impossible to say when the estate will be distributed.

Eventually the money set apart for Mrs. Fayerweather's annuity and for two other annuities of $4,000 and $1,000 respectively, will revert to the residuary estate and will be divided among the two hospitals and the four universities just mentioned.