Winter Tournament at Exeter.

The annual indoor meeting at Exeter which was held last Saturday was a decided success. The high kick was won by Bishop '93, 8 ft. 7 in.; Dobson '93, second, 8 ft. 2 1-4 in. In the second event, the horizontal bar, Folsom '91, won, with Hall '94 second. Reed '93, won on the parallel bars, with Thomas '92, second. The running high jump was one of the most interesting of the events. It was very close between Sayer '93, Dobson '93, and Jones '91. Sayer finally won with a jump of 5 ft. 5 3-8 in., thus tying the Exeter indoor record. Dobson second, 5 ft. 3 1-2 in. The tumbling was also very interesting and was so close between Reed '93, and Lilienthal '93, that the judges were unable to decide upon the winner, and a first prize was given to each. The fencing was won by Hancock '91, with Clark '91 second. Folsom '91, won the flying rings, with Patten '93 second. Reed '93, the winner of last year's club swinging event, won again this year; Barton '93, second. The fancy bicycle riding was won by Brent '93, who performed some very difficult tricks. The 15 yards dash was won by Lilienthal '93, in 2 3-5 sec., with Phelan '91, second.

At the preliminary tournament, which took place Wednesday, Sayer '93, broke the school record in putting the shot, with a put of 34 tf. 2 in.