New England Magazine.

Among Harvard's most precious possessions are the poems which were written in commemoration of her sons who fell in the war, and in the New England Magazine for June is an article on "Harvard Memorial Poems" which cannot fail to interest Harvard men. Facsimiles from manuscripts prepared by the authors for this purpose are published of the poems, "Harvard's Dead" by Rev. S. F. Smith, the author of "America,"- the second canto of James Russell Lowell's Ode, recited at the Harvard commemoration, July 21, 1865-and the hymn written by Dr. Holmes for the dedication of Harvard Memorial Hall, June 23, 1874. And there seems to be a special appropriateness in their publication at this Memorial Day season.

In "Wagner and Tannheuser in Paris, 1861," Mr. Edward H. House offers a welcome contribution to that constantly-swelling mass of Wagnerian literature. This particular article gives Mr. House's reminiscences of the great musician, of his private life in Paris, always characterized by a quiet graciousness of manner which drew his friends strongly to him.

Other articles of interest to Harvard men are "The Message of Puritanism for this Time," and an illustrated paper on "The City of Lynn."