Intercollegiate Games.

Harvard Wins 5 First Prizes, 8 Second, and 5 Third; Total Points 46.

A feeling of general satisfaction pervaded the college Saturday evening when it was known that Harvard had won the cricket match, the freshman game with Yale, and the Mott Haven games once more.

The Mott Haven team was in excellent condition, and were looked upon as sure winners; but there were many surprises and some hard luck. In the mile walk Hale was disqualified, and in the 440 yard dash both Wright and Mullins fell heavily. In all, nine records were broken, Carey of Princeton, Williams and Ryder of Yale, Mapes of Columbia, Shattuck of Amherst, and Finlay and Fearing of Harvard especially distinguishing themselves.

Harvard won 25 of her points in field events alone. Finlay and Evins both easily output the hammer distance, and Fearing raised the high jump record to 6 feet, with Sherwin and Green tied for second place.

Princeton make nearly all her points in the sprints, winning all the places in the 100 yards dash.

Harvard also failed to get a prize in the 120 yards hurdle, Williams breaking the world's record in this event.

In the bicycle race Harvard had everything her own way.

Shattuck in the 440 yards dash lowered Dohm's record. Stead was a good second, and Wright failed to secure third by but a few inches.

Carr's spurt in the mile run carried him over the line a winner, with Lowell third.

In the 220 yard hurdle Fearing pressed Williams very hard for first place. Lee did not enter this event.

The 220 yard flat dash was one of the prettiest races of the day. Carey ran beautifully, lowering the world's record 1-5 of a second. Lee and Vredenburg had an exciting race for second place, Lee winning by a desperate spurt.

Columbia easily won the tug-of-war. Harvard did not enter a team.

Ryder of Yale broke the intercollegiate pole vault record, and later the vaulting record.

In the broad jump Hale and Green secured second and third places respectively.

The attendance was smaller than for years.

The officials of the meeting were: Referee-W. B. Curtiss, N. Y. A. C. Judges-George W. Carr, M. A. C.; F. W. Janssen, S. I. A. C., and C. F. Mathewson, Berkeley A. C. Timers-George A. Avery, M. A. C.; Chasles A. Reed, B. A. C.; C. C. Hughes, M. A. C., and W. H. Robertson. Measurers-M. W. Ford, B. H. A. C.; Walton Storm, M. A. C., and C. W. Whitney. Judge of walking-J. T. West, B. A. C. Clerk of the course-S. J. Cornell, M. A. C. Starter, G. D. Turner.

Summaries of the events and winners follow:

100 yard dash.- Won by Carey, Princeton. Time 10s. Vredenburg, Princeton, second, and Swain, Princeton. third. The time-10 secondschips 1-5 of a second from the best intercollegiate record.

120 yard hurdle race.- Won by Williams, Yale. Time 15 4-5s. This time creates a new intercollegiate record and also beats the best previous world's record, which was 16s. The best previous intercollegiate record was 16 1-5s. Mapes, Columbia, second, and Lynam, Yale, third.

One mile run.- Won by Carr, Harvard. Time, 4m. 34 2-5s. Woodbridge, Princeton, second, and Lowell, Harvard, third.

One mile walk.- Won by Collis, Columbia. Time, 7m. 5 4-5s. Ottley, Princeton, second, and Endicott, Harvard, third.

440 yard dash-Won by Shattuck, Amherst. Time, 49 1-2s. This beats the best intercollegiate record by 1-2 second. Stead, Harvard, second, and Sangdon, Columbia L. S., third.

220 yard hurdle race.- Won by Williams, Yale. Time, 25 1-5s. This beats the best previous intercollegiate record, which was 25 1-4s. Fearing, Harvard, second, and Horton, Cornell, third.

Two mile bicycle race.- Won by Taylor, Harvard. Time, 6m. 13 3-5s. Pratt, Harvard, second, and Davis, Harvard, third.

Half mile run.- Won by Wright, Yale. Time, 1m. 59 1-5s. Turner, Princeton, second, and Vosburg, Columbia, third.

220 yard dash.- Won by Carey Princeton. Time, 21 4-5 seconds. This beats all previous records. Lee, Harvard, second, and Vresenburg, Princeton, third.

Throwing the hammer.- Won by Finlay, Harvard; distance 107 ft. 7 1-2 in. This throw creates a new intercollegiate record, the best previous record being 98 ft. 6 in., made by A. B. Coxe. Yale '87. Evins, Harvard, second, 103 ft. 4 in.; Jefferson, Princeton, third, 96 ft. 1 in.

Pole vault.- Won by Ryder, Yale; height, 10 ft. 7 1-2 in. Sherwin, second, 10 ft. 5 1-2 in., and Temple, Swarthmore, third, 10 ft. 1 1-2 in.

Running high jump.- Won by Fearing, Harvard; height, 6 ft. Another new intercollegiate record. Sherwin and Green, Harvard, tied for second place, 5 ft. 9 in. Sherwin won the toss and second place.

Putting the shot.- Won by Finlay, Harvard; distance, 39 ft. 6 3-4 in. Elcock, Yale, second, 39 ft. 3 in., and Alexander, Amherst, third, 38 ft. 1-2 in.

Tug-of-war.- Won by Columbia from Princeton and Yale. The first pull was won by 10 inches and the second by 18. Yale and Princeton pulled for second place and the former won by 1 inch. The winning team was composed of Douglas captain; Robertson, Monks and Miller.

Running broad jump.- Won by V. Mapes, Columbia; distance, 22 ft. 11 1-4 in.; this jump breaks all previous records, the best having been the collegiate record, 22 ft. 9 1-4 in. J. Hale, Harvard, second, 21 ft. 11 3-4 in., and Green, Harvard, third, 21 ft. 7 1-4 in.

E. D. Ryder of Yale vaulted for a record after the regular competition had closed, and made 10 ft. 9 3-4 in., beating the best previous intercollegiate record by 2 3-4 inches.

The points were divided as follows:

Category1, Category2, Category3, Category4, Category5, Category6, Category7,

100 yards dash, 0 0 0 8 0 0 0

120 yards hurdle, 0 6 2 0 0 0 0

2 mile bicycle, 8 0 0 0 0 0 0

440 yards dash, 2 0 1 0 5 0 0

1 mile run, 6 0 0 2 0 0 0

1 mile walk, 1 0 5 2 0 0 0

220 yards hurdle, 2 5 0 0 0 0 1

Half mile run, 0 5 1 2 0 0 0

220 yards dash, 2 0 0 6 0 0 0

Tug-of-war, 0 2 5 1 0 0 0

Hammer, 7 0 0 1 0 0 0

Pole vault, 2 5 0 0 0 1 0

High jump, 8 0 0 0 0 0 0

Broad jump, 3 0 5 0 0 0 0

Shot, 5 2 0 0 1 0 0

Totals, 46 25 19 22 6 1 1