Recent Gifts to Harvard.

During the summer a number of gifts of money have been made to Harvard. The ones mentioned below are those which have actually been received by the treasurer, who has no official report of some which the newspapers have announced.

By far the largest amount received is from George Draper Esq., in the form of an unrestricted bequest of about $48,000, one-third the residue of his estate. Next to this comes the gift from the Elizabeth Fogg estate, of $10,374 additional, for building and maintaining the William Hayes Fogg Art Museum. Through Alexander Agassiz Esq., $5.000 has been received from Maj. Theodore K. Gibbs, to establish the Virginia Barret Gibbs scholarship fund in connection with the Museum of Comparative Zoology. From Mrs. Henry Draper of New York, $2,500 additional has been received for the account of the Draper Memorial. $2,000 has been given to found the Julius Dexter scholarship. Through Gardner M. Lane Esq. $1,300 has been given to the college to be used for illustrated lectures in the Latin and Greek departments. Through Lewis D. Brandeis Esq., $1,000 additional has been received to provide for a course on the Peculiarities of Massachusetts Law, in the Law School for 1892-3. From Professor William G. Farlow $450 has been received, his annual gift for a salary. Francis H. Peabody Esq., has given $500 for printing in the Botanical department. Arthur Hunnewell Esq. has given $250 for the expenses of the Botanical department. From George W. Wales Esq. the sum of $200 has been received, as his annual gift to the College Library.