The Class Elevens.

About twenty-five men came out yesterday afternoon to try for the senior eleven. They appeared heavier and larger than the other class teams.

Two elevens were lined up opposite each other and practiced breaking through and falling on the ball. The most promising candidates for the line are Brice, Broughton, Earl, Cary, Chew, Winslow, Merriam, Winsor, and for backs, Pike, Duffield, Stevens, and Parker.

There were only about fifteen candidates for the '94 eleven but more men are expected out tomorrow and besides some of the best men are still playing on the 'varsity second eleven. The best men are Heckscher, Wrenn, and Ladd, ends; Beals, McDonald and Crane, tackles; Williams, Saltonstall and Clarkson, guards; Long and Lee, centres; and Short, Harrison, Gardner, Newman, and Cabots, backs. D. Hubbel is again manager, and games have been arranged with Exeter, Fall River, H. S. Tech. '95' and games will also be played with several of the local schools.

The candidates for the '95 eleven were far more numerous than those for the other team and from all appearances '95 should have a strong eleven. There were about forty men out and they were coached by Whitman and Wadsworth in falling on the ball and breaking through.

Whitman will not be able to play this year on account of heart trouble.

The men out were: backs, Gunnell, Bacon, McNear, Jackson, Forbes, Brown, Floyd, and Mills; centre, Doucette, Parker, Potter; guard, Parker, Cockrell, Stackpole, Hitch, Mureline; tackles, Pierce, Ryerson, Knapp, Teele, Livin-good, Grew, Snow, Poole; ends, Johnston, Floyd, Washburn, Hartwell, Linder, Cooley, Whittemore, Poole, Sargent, Davis, Adams, Richardson, Miller.