The Yale Mott Haven Team.

Last Thursday Captain Wright of Yale meat the candidates for the athletic team and made arrangements for regular training. He has decided to divide the men into squads and has given each squad into the hands of an upper classman, who is to look after his men until spring. Captain Wright himself will take charge of the middle distance men while J. H. Hammond '92 S., will be at the head of the sprinters and A. C. Williams '92 of the long distance men. The pole vaulters will work under Cartwright '93 and the hammer and shot men under Coxe '93. Allen '93 will take charge of the bicycle men and Avery '93 the tug of war team. There are about one hundred and thirty candidates who will go into training, which is to begin today. Among the sprinters and hurdlers there are Lasell, Lyman and Van Ingen of last years team while the middle and long distance men whose names appear again are Wright, Scovill, Curtis and Williams. The old jumpers who are back are Hammond and Kitchell. And the names of the bicyclist Allen and Cartwright and Briggs the pole vaulters are down again as candidates.

The hour fixed by Captain Wright for exercising every day is 4.15 in the afternoon. Later on the high and broad jumpers and walkers will be separated into squads and as the men develop they may be changed about from one squad to another. While there are not a great many old men back there is some promising matenial in the freshman class and the outlook for a strong team is good.