The New Yale Gymnasium.

The new gymnasium which has been in process of erection at Yale for some time is now practically completed as to its exterior, and work is now being pushed on the interior. Although the building was to have been finished last June lack of funds has prevented its completion and it is now uncertain when it will be ready for use. The main gymnasium hall contains over 10,000 square feet of floor space and is lighted directly by means of the glass roof, which has been made especially strong to support the weight of the apparatus. A running track surrounds the hall and in the corners left by the curves of the track tiers of seats have been erected for the benefit of spectators. The hall itself which is on the second floor will be fitted with the latest and most approved gymnastic apparatus. Down stairs will be the swimming and rowing tanks and the baths. The sides of the swimming tanks have been built and broken stone is now being laid for the concrete bottom. The building will be lighted throughout with electric lights and the engine which will furnish power for the dynamo and also for the elevator will be soon put in position. A novel ventilating arrangement is provided consisting of brick tower twenty feet high which is sunk into the ground and connects with the cellar by means of two large pipes. The work which is just now being done is on the plastering and heating arrangements.