University Athletic Club.

The trustees of the University Athletic Club of New York have sent out a circular stating the results of their efforts to find a suitable location for a club house. After carefully considering all the available property in the city, they have decided that the building formerly occupied by the New York Racket Club, 55 West, Twenty-sixth Street, is most suitable for their purposes, and have secured an option to lease these quarters for a short term of years, with the privilege of renewal if wished. The owner agrees to repair the premises, furnish steam heat and make all necessary alterations, without cost to the club, during the entire term of lease.

The building is peculiarly adapted to the needs of the club, having in addition to the two racquet courts, a gymnasium, which is fairly well equipped, Turkish bath, shower baths, two bowling alleys, billiard, fencing and boxing rooms, and a running track. There are also other rooms which may be used for lounging and reading, while the facilities for a restaurant and kitchen are sufficient to meet the demands of the club for the present. It is especially stated, however, that it is designed to make this a vigorous athletic association and not a rival among purely social clubs.

It is thought that with a moderate expenditure these quarters can be furnished and made ready for occupancy by the first of May. The present number of members and the number of applicants for membership shows how popular is the scheme for the formation of such a club as this, and the trustees believe that long before the present option of lease expires the membership will more than justify the club in making the proposed lease. The annual dues are fifty dollars for resident members with an initiation fee of the same amount. For non-resident members the fees are one-half the above. The entrance fee and half the dues of the original members are to be paid on the first day of April, and thereafter semi-annually in April and October. All applications for original membership must be sent in to the secretary before Feb. 15, after which a meeting will be called to make final arrangements for the club quarters.

The circular is signed by the following gentlemen: George A. Adee, Yale; Edward D. Appleton, Trinity; Colin Armstrong, Amherst; Wendell Baker, Harvard; Henry W. Banks, Jr., Williams; Henry Stanford Brooks, Yale; Robert C. Cornell, Columbia; Cornelius C. Cuyler, Princeton; George Walton Green, Harvard; Tracy H. Harris, Princeton; Oliver G. Jennings Yale; William H. L. Lee, Yale; Charles F. Mathewson, Dartmouth; Edward S. Rapallo, Columbia; Guy Richards, Columbia; William W. Skiddy, Yale; William Steward Tod, Princeton; Richard Trimble, Harvard; Henry D. Van Duzer, Harvard; Evert Jansen Wendell, Harvard.