Hon. Henry Cabot Lodge.

Hon. Henry Cabot Lodge will speak at the College Conference in Sever 11 at 7.30 this evening on "Party Allegiance."

The fact that Mr. Lodge was for a long time closely connected with the University and that he is one of the most prominent Harvard graduates of recent years, will add a special interest to his lecture this evening. After graduating from the college in '71 and from the Law School in '75, he was university lecturer on American History from 1876-79. From that time he has been actively engaged in public life. He was a member of the Massachusetts Legislature in 1880-81, chairman of the State Republican Committee in 1883, and a representative to the Fiftieth, Fifty-first and Fifty-second Congresses. He was one of the leaders of the majority in the last House where he came into prominence as the chief promoter of a bill to provide for federal control of federal elections. He is an enthusiastic supporter of Hon. Theodore Roosevelt in his Civil Service Reforms and also strongly favors the restriction of undesirable immigration to our shores. In a literary way, Mr. Lodge is well known as the author of "A Short History of the English Colonies in America" as well as of biographies of Daniel Webster, Alexander Hamilton and George Washington, and many other books.

Mr. Lodge has always been distinctly a party man and is being recognized more and more as a leader on his own side. He is, therefore, eminently qualified to speak on the subject in hand.