The Hasty Pudding Show.

The Cambridge performance of the Hasty Pudding opera, will be given this and tomorrow evening, in the club house on Holyoke street. "The Sphinx, or Love at Random," is the title of the opera which L. S. Thompson '92, and D. Gray '92, have composed and written together, and the performances in New York and Boston, have proved very successful. The six performances already given will tend to make the Cambridge performances unusually good. The cast of characters is as follows:

Albert E: Pharoah, eminently good form, but deficient in education,

Louis F. BerryPedagogus Papyrus, tutor to prince, whose agreeable philosophy of fiction the best policy meets with a tragic refutation,

J. A. Wilder.Fakefake; parent of Lotus, an eligible widower, parlor magician by trade, Frederick Bruegger. Rollo Fauntleroy, undergraduate magician through business hours, in private a hero who cannot lie, but does,

J. Harleston Parker.Sphinx, the original, whose beauty is no more, in the dual role of blue stocking and capital punishment,

George Griswold, 2d.Lotus, the magician's daughter, heroine of divers simultaneous and parallel romances,

Eliot White.Zorah, the Circe of the pyramid, as wilful as she is fair,

Julian Codman.Scaraboea, whose face is her (mis)

fortune, Robert Saltonstall.

Hareema, John W. Cummin.

Fatima, Sidney E. Farwell.

Farina, F. Townsend, Jr.

Chorus ladies of an intermediate social position who have something, but not much to say.

The Queen of the Ballet,

Mile Wasabelle Beauxjambes.Time, a character sketch by the property man. "Da Monk," taken by a young artist who believes in a mastery of the Primal or Darwinian prinples of expression.