Weld Scratch Races.

The mile race for organized fours from the Weld Boat Club was rowed yesterday afternoon. Owing to a high wind, the course from Harvard Bridge to the Union Boat Club was so rough that it was abandoned, and, instead, the crews rowed for about a half-mile up the river, making the start from just above the Weld Club House. Lund L. S., and Lewis L. S., the appointed starter and referee, were waiting for the crews at the lower course, so that Hartwell, the club janitor, started the crews off, while Stetson '94, acted as referee.

The crews were made up as announced in yesterday's CRIMSON. Crew No. 1.-Lambert '95, (stroke), Murchie '95, (No. 3), Hawes '93, (No. 2), Capen '95, (bow), and Cobb '94, (cox.). Crew No. 2. - Curtis '93, (stroke), Stone '93, (No. 3), Carey L. S., (No. 2), Abbot L. S., (bow), and Baker '93, (cox.)

It was nearly six o'clock before the start was made. Crew No. 2 caught the water first, and gained about a quarter of a length. There was considerable splashing on both sides, but it was a very even thing between the two. Clear water was not seen between the two boats from start to finish. Crew No. 2, however, always had the lead, and, although Crew No. 1 made a spurt at the end which yielded them a little. Crew 2 finished winners by a scant half length.