Memorial Service in Sanders Theatre.

To the Editors of the Crimson:

Memorial Hall commemorates the spirit of self-sacrifice in which Harvard men laid down their lives when their country needed them. It stands to perpetuate that spirit in Harvard life. There is, however, no service which marks its place in the college. A post of the G. A. R. holds a short service in the transept on the morning of Memorial Day, but as a body of students we have never taken in that service or held one of our own. It seems that at least once in a college generation a service should be held, distinctly the work of the students themselves, in commemoration of the men whose names mark the tablets in Memorial Hall, and to keen fresh in our minds and hearts the principle which ruled their lives. It would make the best that is in Harvard's past a more living force in the present.

Such a service has been arranged for this year by a self-appointed committee It will be held at eleven o'clock on the morning of Memorial Day in Sanders Theatre. It will be short and informal. Major Henry L. Higginson has consented to deliver the address, and the glee club will sing. Invitations have been sent to all Harvard veterans of the war who live in this vicinity, and it is expected that a great many of them will be present. Admission to the service will be strictly by ticket. Tickets may be obtained in due season by any member of the University from members of the committee.

NEAL RANTOUL,HUGH McK. LANDON,RICHARD NORTON,HENRY WARE.