The University of Chicago.

In a recent issue of the University of Chicago's list of students and courses, it is found that the total number of students enrolled is five hundred and ninety-four. These are nearly one-third theological students. The theological department has been in existence several years and has been incorporated into the main body of the University. These students may do religious work in the city and receive for it three dollars a week and upwards. They also receive a furnished room free of charge in Divinity Dormitory accommodating 140 students, and built by Mr. Rockefeller. It is also stated in the catalogue that the theological students can earn in addition to this about $100 a year.

The next largest department is that of the graduate students, 166 in number, and for these there are 40 fellowships and other pecuniary aids. Apparently a number of those registered as graduate students would not be considered as such at Harvard. Add to these 71 special students and there remain only 175 as the total registration for the four under-graduate classes.