New Boathouse for Yale.

Yale's new boathouse on the shores of Lake Whitney is nearing completion. When finished it will revolutionize the Yale system of crew training by accustoming the 'varsity oarsmen to smooth water all the spring season, when the harbor is too turbulent to admit of rowing practice.

It is doubtful whether the new house will be used by the 'varsity oarsmen this year, as the harbor is available and the crew will start for New London early in June. It will, however, be used by the class crews in their practice for the fall and spring regattas, which are always held on Lake Whitney, and by the single scullers, who will, it is thought, avail themselves of the privileges of this house to revive the practice of single sculling, which recently has fallen into disuse at Yale.

The new boathouse is a wooden structure, 90x40 feet, and contains room for storing four eight-oared shells, two pair oars, and and several single sculls. The building has been fitted up with all the appliances incidental to an athletic training house, baths and dressing rooms being provided in genuine clubhouse fashion.