The Yale Athletic Team.

The Yale Alumni Weekly contains the following estimate of the Yale track athletic team, which will compete against Harvard on Saturday:

"In view of the approaching Yale-Harvard athletic games, which are to be held at Cambridge on May 13th, a brief account of the condition and prospects of the Yale team may be of interest to our readers. The men have been at the training table for the last month, and since the commencement of their regular work have made, on the whole, a steady improvement, the credit for which is in a great measure due to Mr. Murphy, the trainer, who has accomplished wonders with the material he had in hand. Taking up the events in detail, it may be said of the 100 and 220 yards dash that Yale' chances of winning first and second place in both are good. W. M. Richard '95, it perhaps, the fastest man entered; he rather nervous, but is quick and nev+++ goes over the mark. A. H. Jones '93, has been unwell this year and does not run well as formerly, but has a good show second place. F. F. Bennett '96, is a +++ man and may get a place in this eve+++ though his best distance is 440 yards. F. Franck '95 S, is also good at the q+++ ter. In the 880 yards run S. Scoville has done well this season; he is experienced and is strong at the finish. J. E. +++ gan '94, will make a good fight for mile run; he posseses considerable entrance and unlimited pluck. The best +++ in the mile walk are L. E. Wright '9+++ and F. S. Bunnell '94. The farmer +++is old man and has been walking much +++ ter this year than last. In the hurdle +++ D. B. Lyman '94, can be counted +++ first; E. H. Cady '95 S., McL. Van +++ and T. Eaton '94, are also entered for the hurdles. Whether or not Fe+++ jumps for Harvard, L. P. Sheldon '9+++ a good chance of winning first place +++ high jump. He entered Yale with Andover record both in this event +++ the broad jump, and has improved g+++ this spring. O. G. Cartwright '93, Hart '94 S., and C. B. Rice '94 S pretty nearly even in the pole vaul+++ R. Brewster '95 S., will undoubted +++ the two mile bicycle race for Yale,+++ holds the Inter-Collegiate record. W. O Hickok '95 S., has thrown the hammer over 116 feet in practice, and P. T. Stillman '94 S., has also made some long throws. These men, together with A. Brown '96, and D. B. Lyman '95, are entered for the shot, and it is likely that they will win for Yale two or even three places. On the whole Yale's chances of winning are fair, although the team will not be on its own ground, and the prospects are much better than they were earlier in the season."

The complete list of men whom Yale will take to the Harvard and inter-collegiate games contain the following names:

Hickok '95 S, A. Brown '96, Glenney '94 S., Cross '96, Jones '93 (captain), Bennett '96, Richards '95. Morgan '94. W. Scoville 95, D. B. Lyman '95. Cartwright '93, S. Scoville '93, Wight '93 S., Ladd '95, Lyman '94, Sheldon '96, Cochrane '95 S., Hall '95 S. Brewster '94 S., Rice '94 S., Franck '95 S, Laughlin '95 S., Hart '94 S., and Stillman '94 S.