French Courses In 1893-94.

The detailed announcement of courses to be given in the French department in 1893-94 has been posted on the bulletin board at the door of Sever 19.

The following changes in days and hours are to be noted: 1b will be given on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 2.30; French 7 (literature in 19th century) on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 11; French 9 (Literature in the 17th century) on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, at 10.

The new course 14 in difficult modern French reading and translation, offered by Professor Bocher, will be given on Monday and Wednesday at 12. This will be a half course, running throughout the year, and may be taken without previous consultation with the instructor.

The conversation and composition courses, 3, 4, and 5, will all be given by Mr. Brun. These courses have been recast with the view of making conversation the main object of study and the method employed will enable attentive students to acquire rapidly facility in expressing themselves in French. The hours have had to be changed to some extent, 3 will be given on Tuesday, and Thursday at 3.30, and 4 on Monday and Friday at 3.30, but in each of these courses there will be another section at a different hour to be announced at the opening of the course. 5 will be given on Tuesday and Thursday at 2.30.

The programme of the department will be ready for distribution by Thursday or Friday at latest.