Tests by Dr. Fitz.

The tests of quickness and accuracy that are being conducted by Dr. Fitz in the physiological laboratory at the Lawrence Scientific School are not entered into with sufficient interest on the part of the students to produce any gratifying effects. Thus far only 17 men have appeared during the whole month of January. It is hoped that during the next few weeks there will be a great number of tests made. They are at once interesting, instructive, and of practical experimental value.

All who have tried the tests pronounce the few minutes which they take as well spent. Mr. Lathrop has announced to the candidates for the Mott Haven Team the fact that such tests are being made, and it is expected that a large number will present themselves. If some 25 more are experimented upon within a few days, the result will be published as a matter of interesting information. The hours are 2.30 to 4.30, excepting Saturdays. The experiments are in no way exacting or tiresome, but on the contrary, are in themselves a recreation.