The Medical School.

On Saturday the regular term at the Medical School began. Thursday was devoted to registration and the lecture courses did not begin until Saturday. The second, third and fourth year classes differ but little in number of students from last year.

The entering class is not so large as usual, not more than 130 having registered, whereas last year there were 182. A marked feature of the new class is the large number of college graduates it contains, most of the New England colleges being represented with Harvard of course well in the lead.

A change has been made in the schedule of studies for first-year students by omitting the lectures on applied anatomy by Assistant Professor Richardson given last year and having only laboratory work in the afternoon. The morning hours from 9 to 1 are occupied by lectures and demonstrations.

One of the notable features this year will be the large number of courses offered to graduates. Most of these will be given at the different hospitals. Many of them are for short periods, so that non-resident physicians may avail themselves of the instruction.

Professor Minot began his lectures on histology to first-year men, yesterday, but the laboratory work will not begin till Tuesday.

Dr. Dexter will commence his lectures in anatomy for second-year men on Tuesday and for first-year men Friday, Clinical microscopy for fourth-year students began under Dr. Whitney.

Monday morning Dr. Brooks will begin his demonstrations in anatomy for first-year students.

Owing to the necessity of repairing the ceiling of the rooms on the upper floor many of the classes have been excused from work until the first of next week.