Exhibition of Photographs.

The exhibition of photographs of the Harvard Camera Club, in Sever 9, will close this evening promptly at 9.30. It is closed earlier than before scheduled so that Professor C. E. Norton may speak to the members of the club before the pictures are taken down.

Yesterday afternoon the prizes offered by the club were awarded. First prize was given to C. P. M. Rumford '97, and second to F. E. Frothingham '94. As there were not enough photographs offered for the second class, the prize was given to the best portrait exhibited. It was awarded to Dr. O. W. Huntington. Special mention was also given to two pictures by F. L. Olmsted, Jr., '94. These selections were kindly made by Mr. F. R. Allen, and Mr. G. M. Morgan, vice-president of the Boston Camera Club. In them technical excellence was the first requisite. In addition, the prize offered by Professor Sumichrast for the best set of photographs,- from an artistic stand-point, independent of any technical excellence, was awarded by Professor Norton to Rumford '97.

The attendance at the exhibition has been most gratifying. Up to ten o'clock last night the number of visitors was something over twenty-five hundred, a large proportion of whom were other than members of the University.