University Organizations.

Harvard Union.

The Oxford Club held its first meeting of the year last night in Epworth M. E. Church, North Ave. Rev. W. I. Haven of Brookline, the founder of the club, spoke on "Reading as an aid to spiritual growth."

The following officers for the year were elected: T. M. Tisdel, president; Kernan Robson, vice-president; H. C. Wright, secretary; G. T. Clapp, treasurer; W. H. Smith, F. W. Goreth, W. Scott, J. W. Phelps, T. M. Tisdel, and H. C. Wright, executive committee.

Andover Club.The Andover Club held its first meeting of the year last evening. The business of the club was first transacted, after which new members were enrolled. Addresses were made by Professor Palmer and Mr. Benner, an instructor at Andover, referring to the close connection existing between Harvard and Andover, and the changes and improvements made in the school within the last few years.

Institute of 1770.The third ten of the Institute were taken out last night. The men were; 1, H. F. Godfrey, N. Y.; 2, N. P. Hallowell, Medford; 3, C. N. Bliss, N. Y.; 4, J. W. Dunlop, Cambridge; 5, A. F. Street, N. Y.; 6, A. Stickney, Jr., N. Y.; 7, F. G. Thompson, Philadelphia; 8, L. B. Valentine, N. Y.; 9, W. B. Johnston, Washington; 10, H. T. Nichols, Boston.

Camera Club.The exhibition of lantern slides from the North of France last evening, contained many views of great beauty and interest. Much taste and skill were evident in many of the landscapes, especially in some winter views; but taken as a whole the slides were not as good as those of the American clubs, exhibited last year.

A set of World's Fair slides, especially selected from the many sets of slides in the exchange, will be exhibited in Boylston Hall as soon as they arrive, probably on October 24. They are expected to be unusually fine.