Mission Work of the St. Paul's Society.

Besides the Oak Street Boys' Club the St. Paul's Society has started another boys' club in the colored district around Cambridge street, Boston.

Early last fall Fr. Field of St. Augustine's Church asked for volunteers to help him in doing some work among his people in that vicinity; over twenty members of the society responded to the call. It was decided to organize two clubs to meet on different nights. One was to be a debating club; the other was to take the form of a military company. Of course in addition to the debating and drilling there were to be games and such other forms of amusement as should seem best for the boys. But it was expected that besides taking the boys off the street, the most good would be accomplished by personal contact with the students.

The debating club was not a success. The boys were really too young to debate, and so the club was dropped. But in its place was started a Sunday School, which has lasted all the year, and although the numbers have been small, it is thought that a good work has been accomplished.

The second club has gone on practically without change. Its members with much enthusiasm adopted as a name, The Lincoln Boys' Brigade. The club meets every Thursday evening at 7.30 o'clock in a hall on North Grove street, hired by St. Augustine's Church. The meeting lasts until 9 o'clock. There are about twenty-five young colored boys in it, ranging from the age of twelve to sixteen. Every evening a half-hour or so is given up to drilling and after that games are played, and when necessary a business meeting is held.

The boys are a most interesting and attractive set of youngsters. At first it was very difficult to keep them quiet a moment, but gradually as a result of military drill and attempted but unsuccessful military discipline, the boys are beginning to be more quiet and well-

(Continued on third page.)