Gift to Columbia.

[N. E. Associated Press.]

NEW YORK, Jan. 7. - At the meeting of the Board of Trustees of Columbia College today, Chairman Schermerhorn announced a subscription of $350,000 from Messrs. Cornelius Vanderbilt, Wm. A. Vanderbilt, Frederick W. Vanderbilt and George W. Vanderbilt for the erection of two additional buildings to the Vanderbilt clinic. He also stated that Mrs. W. D. Sloane, who was a Vanderbilt, and her husband, had subscribed $200,000 for the erection of an addition to the Sloane Maternity Hospital; and that two gentlemen had guaranteed the necessary half million dollars for the erection of two new buildings of Columbia College on Riverside heights. The gift of Cornelius Vanderbilt and his three brothers is in memory of their father, William H. Vanderbilt, who built the present Vanderbilt clinic. Cornelius Vanderbilt and his brothers will also defray the cost of equipping both buildings thoroughly. Mr. and Mrs. Sloane will completely equip the new addition to the Maternity Hospital and Mrs. Sloane has guaranteed during her lifetime to meet all expenses exceeding the present endowment. Work on the new buildings will be commenced as soon as the weather will permit.