Williams Football Team.

Williams College will have a strong eleven in the field this fall. The number of candidates for the team is unusually large, and most of the material is promising. Several important positions must be filled, and Captain Hickey will have to develop several new men. He is an earnest worker and hopes to fill the vacancies acceptably.

Hickey is 21 years old and hails from Auburn, N. Y. He has been on the football field seven years and is recognized as one of the best halfbacks in the country.

Seven veterans have returned to college, and all are reasonably sure of holding their positions. They are Fullback Draper, Halfback Hickey, Quarterback Street, Guard Lotz, Tackles Somoskeoy, and Bockes and End Ryan. Gillispie '89, the old Exeter Academy end, is trying for left end. He is a heavy man, very quick on his feet and a valuable addition to the team.

Wright '97, is trying for guard, and Lee of the same class is having a trial at centre. It is doubtful if either holds his position through the season.

Several men are being tried at right half, but this position is also in doubt. It is rumored that several strong players have entered the freshman class, but they have not had a chance to show their ability.

Manager Irish has arranged an attractive schedule of games. Besides the championship contests with Dartmouth and Amherst, the team will meet Yale at New Haven, Harvard at Cambridge, the United States Military Academy at West Point and Union at Albany.