HARVARD, 4; WEST POINT, O.

The Cadet Eleven Beaten in a Well-Played Game.

The game between the Harvard and West Point football elevens on Saturday was played in a drenching rain, but, nevertheless it was an exciting contest. Harvard won by a score of 4 to 0.

The grass was slippery and the ball was hard to hold, but very few bad misplays were made. Each eleven was at its best on defensive work, but of the two Harvard was a little the superior, and she was enough better on offensive work to win the game.

One good feature of the game was the kicking of C. Brewer and King. They repeatedly exchanged long kicks, the West Point man excelling the Harvard back in this respect. C. Brewer played a fine game for Harvard, and it was his run that won the only score made in the game. He played half-back, but, as usual, did all the kicking.

Harvard's line proved to be much stronger than the West Pointers expected, and it was a difficult matter for the cadets to make even a yard or two through here. Of the new men, Jaffray, at right guard, showed up well. The West Point backs gave up trying to get through him after one or two attacks. Donald, at right tackle, was another good man.

Borden played quarter during the entire game, ran the team well and got into the interference in fine style. Arthur Brewer and Norman Cabot did good work on the ends, and both followed the ball closely. Hallowell was putting up a good game at tackle until he was injured, and then Haughton took his place.

Frank Shaw was replaced by Doucette in the second half. Gonterman and Dunlop were given a try behind the line in the first half, and Fairchild and Wrightington were called out for the finish.

It was a pretty even game throughout. West Point managed to hold Harvard fairly well, but could not make much headway. At the end of the first half the ball was on West Point's five yard line, and at the end of the second half West Point had the ball on Harvard's 10 yard line.

West Point won the toss, and King punted for 35 yards. Gonterman caught the ball and started to run, but Reisinger and Nolan were both on him before he could make any advance. Harvard then commenced to carry the ball back by systematic attacks on West Point's line, varied occasionally by round the end plays.

C. Brewer made four yards through Lott, Dunlop followed this up with a two yard gain between tackle and guard. Gonterman was then given his first try, but did not gain. C. Brewer then went through the line for five yards.

In the scrimmage Hallowell was hurt, but soon took his position in the line once more.

Gonterman was downed by Nolan, who made a beautiful tackle. Harvard gained five yards on Gonterman's next try. This time it was a push through the cen-

(Continued on third page.)