Bequests to Harvard.

The following lists of gifts and bequests since Commencement has been received from the treasurer:

Mr. George W. Wales, annual gift of $200 for the College Library.

The Society for Promoting Theological Education, $1300 for the Divinity School.

Mr. Arthur Lyman, $550 towards the new hymn book for Appleton Chapel.

Mr. George A. Nickerson, $1000 for the Botanical Department.

Messrs. Storey and Putnam, Trustees, additional sum of $325 for salaries in the Medical School.

Treasurer of the Class Subscription Fund, $5,117.54 to be added to the Fund.

The "America" Testimonial Committee, a portrait by Peixotto of Samuel Francis Smith, author of the national hymn "America."

Professor C. S. Sargent, $1938 for books for the library of the Arnold Arboretum.

Professor William G. Farlow, annual gift of $450 towards the salary of the Assistant in the Cryptogamic Herbarium.

Mr. A. C. Coolidge, $1875.94 for Slavic books.

Mrs. Henry Draper, additional gifts amounting to $3333.32 toward the expenses at the Observatory on account of the Draper Memorial.

Estate of Mrs. Sophia Gage Burr, $127.75 to be added to the Burr Scholarship Fund.

Bequest of Arthur Rotch, $25,000 for the Lawrence Scientific School for forming and maintaining a department of Architecture.

Bequest of Leverett Saltonstall, $5000 for a Scholarship in the graduate or undergraduate department.

Mrs. Schuyler Van Rensselaer, $1000 for a Memorial Fellowship to be assigned to a distinguished classical scholar a member of the class of 1896, and to be called the George Griswold Van Rensselaer Fellowship.