FOGG ART MUSEUM.

The New Building is Opened to Members of the University.

The Fogg Art Museum is now open daily to all members of the University from 9 a. m. until 5 p. m., and the upper floor 7 to 9 p. m. The collections are as yet incomplete, but the greater part of the larger objects are in place. On the ground floor will be found (1) in the small middle rooms on the east side, casts from Egyptian and Assyrian sculptures; (2) in the main hall, casts from Greek and Roman sculptures; (3) in the north east room, casts from sculptures of the Italian Renaissance; (4) in the middle east room, casts from sculptures by Michael Angelo, and (5) in the south east room, casts from Mediaeval sculptures. In the south west room is a classified collection of electrotypes from Greek and Roman coins loaned by the Classical Department, and a case of antique vases. In all of these rooms explanatory photographs will be hung.

On the upper floor, in the main corridor, a series of photographic reproductions from drawings by Italian and German masters of the Renaissance, together with some solar enlargements from Photographs of the Parthenon, the Erechtheum, and other Greek monuments, are permanently placed. The main galleries on this floor will, for the present be used for the display of photographs illustrating the arts of various schools. Those now on the walls of the larger gallery illustrate the works of Raphael, Michael Angelo, and Leonardo da Vinci, while in the smaller gallery a selection from the designs of the earlier Italian masters will be found. This gallery contains also a few copies in water and oil color from portions of important examples of Florentine and Venetian painting, a few excellent copies from water color drawings by Turner, and a few facsimiles from typical examples of French manuscript illuminations of the twelfth and thirteenth centuries. A collection of nearly fifteen thousand photographs will be made accessible to students in the photograph room as soon as the work of cataloguing can be enough advanced to admit of it. In this room large tables, with table easels, are provided for their convenient examination, and facilities for drawing and tracing will be afforded for qualified students.