FALL TRACK MEETING.

Good Showing in the Games Yesterday.- Weather Conditions Unfavorable.

The annual 'varsity handicap games which took place yesterday afternoon were most successful. The weather conditions were not favorable owing to the strong wind blowing across the field but the times made were very good on the whole. The handicapping was excellent, scratch men winning in four events. Owing to the darkness coming on so early three events had to be postponed. These were the 220 yards dash, running broad jump and pole-vault, and they will be run off tomorrow at 4 o'clock.

The best events of the afternoon were the half, the quarter, and mile runs and throwing the hammer. In the half-mile E. Hollister, starting from scratch, easily beat out the field and won in the fast time of 1.58 thus beating his own record of 1.581/5 which he made in the Mott-Haven games at New York last spring. C. H. Williams, 15 yards, ran a close race for second place with J. H. Cunningham for 30 yards and just beat him out at the finish. The quarter-mile was an interesting race. J. L. Bremer was scratch with H. H. Fish on the 15 yard mark, the rest of the field being scattered along as far as 30 yards. Fish ran a good race, passed the crowd as they entered the home stretch and won in a canter. Bremer, and Abbott 30 yards, fought it out for second place but the former's handicap was too much for him and Abbott finished two yards ahead.

In the mile, D. Grant had things all his own way. Starting from scratch he caught the field at the end of the third lap and finished an easy winner. E. H. Clark distinguished himself greatly by throwing the hammer 123 ft. 7 in. He is the most promising man at this game that Harvard has had for many years.

The scratch man in the finals of the hundred yards did not have half a show as the two winners both stole a couple of yards on the pistol.

Following is the summary of the events:

120 yards hurdle-Won by V. Munroe '96. scratch; second, K. K. Kubli L. S., 7 yds. Time, 174/5s.

100 yards dash, first heat-Won by H. G. Dorman, 8 yds.; second, M. L. Butler, 3 yds. Time, 104/5s.

Second heat-Won by N. K. Wood, 5 yds.; second, G. L. Collins, 3 yds. Time, 102/5s.

Third heat-Won by H. E. Shore, 5 yds.; second, W. R. Mansfield, 2 yds. Time, 101/5s.

Fourth heat-Won by F. H. Bigelow, scratch; second, J. R. Crocker, 5 yds. Time, 102/3s.

Heat for second men-Won by M. L. Butler, 3 yds.; second, W. R. Mansfield, 2 yds. Time, 102/3s.

Final heat-Won by W. R. Mansfield, 2 yds.; second, H. G. Dorman, 8 yds. Time, 10s.

2 mile bicycle race-Won by E. V. Powers '98, 200 yds.; second, H. P. White '99, 50 yds. Time, 5m. 181/5s.

440 yards dash-Won by H. H. Fish '99, 15 yds.; second, J. M. Abbott '98, 30 yds. Time, 511/5s.

220 yards hurdles-Won by F. B. Fox '96, 2 yds.; second, F. Mason '96, scratch. Time, 272/5s.

880 yards run-Won by E. Hollister '97, scratch; second, C. H. Williams '98, 15 yds. Time, 1m. 58s.

One mile run-Won by D. Grant '97, scratch; second, H. W. Foote '97, 50 yds. Time, 4m. 402/5s.

Running high jump-Won by E. H. Clarke '96, 2 inches; second, F. Holt '99, 4 in. Height, 5 ft. 103/8 in.

Putting 16 lb. shot-Won by L. Williams '97, 5 feet; second, E. H. Clark '96, scratch. Distance, 38 ft. 11/2 in.

Throwing 16 lb. hammer-Won by E. H. Clark '96, scratch; second, W. D. Hennen '98, 15 feet. Distance, 123 ft. 7 in.