Freshman Game with U. of P.

In many of the daily papers lately announcement has been made concerning the final arrangements for the game between the ninety-nine eleven and the freshman team of the University of Pennsylvania. In some cases the date of the game has been given as Nov. 16.

The Pennsylvania men regard it as a certainty, and their freshman team is working with unusual energy to prepare for the game with Harvard.

An editorial in the Pennsylvanian says: "The freshmen have had and will continue to have the very best of coaching, and it only remains for them to work hard to put some life and vigor into their play. If they will do this, they stand an excellent chance of defeating the Harvard freshmen."

Now the facts of the matter at present are these. It has not as yet been definitely settled that there will be any game between the freshman elevens of the two universities. The matter has not yet been brought before the Athletic Committee by whom the final decision must be made. The chairman of the Athletic Committee said last night that the question had not been submitted to him yet, and until it had been he could say nothing with regard to the proposed game.

It is very doubtful whether the committee will sanction this game with the freshmen of U. of P. It would be a long, expensive trip even for a 'varsity team. The game has been arranged by the coaches and the matter will doubtless soon be laid before the Athletic Committee. Until this has been done, and the approval of the committee obtained, a game with the Pennsylvania freshmen is only a possibility.