Physics Teachers in Session.

The Eastern Association of Physics Teachers held its first meeting of the season in the Brookline high school Saturday. The association has 23 members, of whom 15 were present.

At 11 o'clock a business meeting was held, the main business being the consideration of a letter from Mr. W. C. Sabine af Harvard College, asking the advice of the association on the proposed changes in the Harvard entrance conditions in physics. The matter was finally referred to a committee of five, to be appointed by the president. The proposed changes will be in the direction of making the conditions more flexible, and better adapted to the needs of students doing home laboratory work. Two new members were elected. Messrs Holden of Charlestown and Hartwell of Fitchburg.

Following the business a paper was read by President John C. Packard of Brookline on "New Apparatus," showing the new devices to his listeners.

After a lunch in the new lunch rooms of the school, the members spent some time in going through the physical laboratory.

The guests of the association were Professor Whittemore of Yale, Headmaster Parmenter of the Mechanic Arts High School, W. H. Merrill of Fitchburg and Mr. Campbell of Phillips Exeter.