Anthropology Dept. Forms Eight Committees in Response to Harassment and Gender Bias Concerns

Harvard Cancels Summer 2021 Study Abroad Programming

UC Showcases Project Shedding Light on How Harvard Uses Student Data

Four Bank Robberies Strike Cambridge in Three Weeks

After a Rocky Year, Harvard Faces an Uncertain Economic Climate in 2021, Hollister Says

Communication.

We invite all members of the University to contribute to this column, but we are not responsible for the sentiments expressed.

To the Editors of the Crimson:

I notice in your issue of Saturday that "after the dinner held last Tuesday evening in Atlanta, Ga., in honor of President Eliot, who was visiting the exposition, a meeting was held and the Harvard Club of Atlanta was permanently organized." This organization is a most admirable thing. President Eliot's visit to Atlanta was the means of their starting a club of Harvard graduates. A most admirable work!

I should like, however, to point out that the musical clubs on the Christmas trip have done the same thing. Last winter, for instance, the advent of the Harvard musical clubs at Indianapolis was the signal for the reunion of Harvard graduates from many parts of the State of Indiana. After the entertainment at the Republican Club a meeting was held and the Harvard Alumni Association of Indiana (I think that was the name of it) was formed. I have never seen any public mention of this fact. Of course the fact itself was of no consequence when the musical clubs were responsible for it, but when the President of the University accomplishes that for which the musical clubs are tacitly condemned, by all means let him receive the warmest congratulations.

A. M. KALES.