Anthropology Dept. Forms Eight Committees in Response to Harassment and Gender Bias Concerns

Harvard Cancels Summer 2021 Study Abroad Programming

UC Showcases Project Shedding Light on How Harvard Uses Student Data

Four Bank Robberies Strike Cambridge in Three Weeks

After a Rocky Year, Harvard Faces an Uncertain Economic Climate in 2021, Hollister Says

No Headline

Mr. W. C. Camp of Yale writes a long letter to the New York Times in defence of the present system of college athletics and criticising the new attempt at "reform." Mr. Camp well expresses the feeling of reaction against the extreme measures of the reformers and their more extreme views which is rapidly spreading among the general and the college public. "College athletic organizations if left to themselves," says Mr. Camp, "would soon work out their own salvation in these matters by learning by experience that a college coach is preferable to a professional, and the knowledge thus acquired is far more lasting and convincing than faculty decrees, rules or regulations." "As all colleges are not likely to agree as to the wisdom of these resolutions," he continues concerning the three-mile rule, "this one looks like an attempt against inter-collegiate contests. Such a blow would weaken the whole college system of physical education. It is the inter-collegiate contest that is the incentive which makes discipline and training endurable to the youth who hates restraint and loves his freedom."