Communication.

An Answer.

We invite all members of the University to contribute to this column, but we are not responsible for the sentiments expressed.

To the Editors of the Daily Crimson:

Now that the success of the Prospect Progressive Union has become assured the committee desires to bring before the University another phase which the work ought to take. The fundamental idea has been from the first that of a true university settlement. With eight or ten college men occupying rooms in the Prospect House the undertaking must gain greatly in influence and permanence. The rooms are large and pleasant, lighted by electricity and heated by steam. The rental compares favorably with that of the cheaper rooms in the college dormitories and the rooms may be occupied by two students. The Prospect House is only fifteen minutes walk from the college. It is not necessary that students rooming in the House should devote large amounts of time to the work. The moral effect of such a settlement would in itself be a sufficient gain. Now that the time has come for engaging rooms for the next college year the committee desires to call the this attention of competent students to this opportunity. Applications may be made at room 3, Prospect House, between two and three in the afternoon, or to any member of the committee.

FRANCIS G. PEABODY.ROBERT E. ELY.ROBERT M. LOVETT.