H. U. C. A. Road Race.

The five-mile handicap road race of the Cycling Association, after having been postponed three times, took place yesterday afternoon. Only ten men started out of the original twenty-eight entries, but the race was, nevertheless, very successful.

A. E. Dacy 3L. was the first to cross the line, C. H. Williams '98 coming in second, and F. B. Carter '98, third. F. S. Elliott 1L., scratch, won the first time prize, his corrected time being 13m. 452/5s. H. H. Richards '98 won the second time prize, W. E. Putnam '96, the third.

The race was started at 4.10 p. m., closing about 4.25. F. B. Carter '98 was in the lead on the home stretch, but, when within about fifteen yards of the finish his wheel fell, and Dacy and Williams, following close behind, passed him.

The following are the names of the starters in the order in which they finished, together with their handicaps and corrected time: A. E. Dacy 3L. (1m. 45s.) 15m. 1s.; C. H. Williams '98 (2m. 30s.), 15m. 45s.; F. B. Carter '98 (2m.), 15m. 27s.; W. D. Eaton '99 (3m.), 16m. 30s.; J. E. Rousmaniere '99 (2m. 30s.); F. S. Elliot 1L., scratch, 13m. 452/5s.; H. H. Richards '98 (45s.), 14m. 37s.; W. E. Putnam '96 (1m.) 14m. 53s.; H. H. Brown (30s.) 14m. 55s.; J. F. Wood '98 (15s.), 14m. 59s.

The officials of the race were as follows:

Referee-Montague Chamberlain, secretary L. S. S.

Judges-N. W. Bingham 1L., H. C. Lakin 2L., F. A. Burlingame '97.

Timers-A. A. Saville, R. S. Jackson, V. Munroe '96.

Scorers-C. M. Weld '97, F. M. Weld '97.

Starter-J. W. Scherechewsky 1M.

Clerk of the Course-W. R. Mansfield '98.