The Michigan Team.

The football team of the University of Michigan will leave Ann Harbor today by a special train for Boston. There are twenty men in the party including Manager Baird, Coach McCaully and Trainer Fitzpatrick. The last time Harvard played Michigan University was twelve years ago. The game was played at Cambridge and resulted in a tie, each side scoring a touchdown.

The University of Michigan team is this year stronger than it has been for years, stronger even than the one which defeated Cornell last year. Six of the men have played two years, and every one of the team has had at least one year's 'varsity training. The following comparisons of scores, though of course not conclusive evidence of the strength of the team, is nevertheless interesting. Harvard beat Cornell 25-0, cornell beat Adelbert 12-4, Michigan beat Adelbert 64-0. Michigan has not been scored against this year. In view of these facts it would seem that the game with Michigan on Saturday should be one of the most closely contested of the season. Michigan is to play no other eastern team this year.