Vesper Services.

A part of the system in religious services has been established here recently has received little attention on the part of the members of the University, owing in great measure to the fact that it has not been properly rought before to notice. Every Thursday afternoon a Vesper Service will be held in Appleton Chapel from five until half past. Each service will be conducted by the Plummer Professor, together with one or more of the preachers of the University. Special attention will be given to the music and the choir will be assisted by the best voices to be obtained. It is the wish of those who are to conduct the service that the students will bring their friends and families. Visitors to the college who have no opportunity of attending morning prayers will try to be present, in order that they may get an insight into the religious services of the college, and find for themselves that religion at Harvard is not entirely dead, as many persons are led to believe. The winter months have been chosen for these services, as all the members of the University are then less absorbed in out-door interests. The half hour just before dinner was selected as convenient both to students and to professors.