Anthropology Dept. Forms Eight Committees in Response to Harassment and Gender Bias Concerns

Harvard Cancels Summer 2021 Study Abroad Programming

UC Showcases Project Shedding Light on How Harvard Uses Student Data

Four Bank Robberies Strike Cambridge in Three Weeks

After a Rocky Year, Harvard Faces an Uncertain Economic Climate in 2021, Hollister Says

No Headline

Several freshmen of our acquaintance have received copies of the following note: "You are invited to give a punch this (Bloody Monday) evening at 9.15, or take the consequences. Hazing committee of '89." We have been asked to advise them what to do in regard to this circular. Our reply is: nothing at all. There is too much public sentiment against Bloody Monday to allow the threats to be carried into execution, and if they are carried into execution a simple statement of the names of the aggressors in the columns of the CRIMSON will prevent its repetition for a long time to come. But, they ask, will it make us unpopular to refuse? and again we reply, no. Men who voluntarily give punches on Bloody Monday night throw themselves open to the accusatien of "swiping" to the sophomores and often become unpopular in consequence; but a simple refusal to comply is not regarded in the same light. We hope there is no one in the freshman class so cowardly as not to stand by his principles; or mean enough to think to gain favor in the eyes of the upperclassmen by ostentatiously acquiescing in their demands.