The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

Obituary.

Herbert Hayes Norton '92.

Herbert Hayes Norton, of the class of 1892, died at his home, Winona, Minn., December 11, 1894. His illness was very short and his death unexpected. He was the son of Matthew G. Norton and was born at Winona, August 15, 1868. At the age of eighteen he entered Hamline University, where he remained two years. The next year and a half he spent abroad, travelling and studying. Then returning, in the fall of 1889, he joined the junior class at Hamline. He completed this year and in the following autumn came to Harvard, where he was admitted to the junior class. During his two years in Cambridge his generous, courteous bearing won for him many close friends. He was a member of the Delta Upsilon and of the Pierian Sodality. Of the latter he was for some time president.

After graduation he entered the employ of the Laird, Norton Company, a lumber firm of which his father is a member; and about the first of May, 1894, he was made vice-president and superintendent of the Winona Lumber Company.

By his death his friends have lost a companion attractive alike for his studious tastes, his grace of manner, and his enthusiastic manhood; and his class and college have lost a loyal supporter.

For the class,THOMAS W. LAMONT,JOHN S. COOK,FRANKLIN S. NEWELL,Class Committee.ALLEN R. BENNER, Secretary.