Proposal from California.

Berkeley Athletes Anxious to Come East.

The University of California is very anxious to send a team of track athletes on to meet some of the larger eastern college teams this spring. Overtures have already been made to Harvard and the authorities have the matter under advisement.

Captain Koch, of the University of California Athletic team, has written informally to the authorities at the University of Pennsylvania asking what their views of the possibility of the arrangement of dual games and subscribing some records of his men, which are, to say the least, interesting.

He writes; "We have men at present in the University who can cover 100 yds. in 10 sec, 440 yds. in 51 3/5 sec., the half mile in 2 min. 1 sec., the mile in 4 min. 30 sec., the high hurdles in 15 3/4 sec., the low hurdles in 26 1/5 sec., who can broad jump 22 ft.; high jump, 5 ft. 11 in.; pole vault, 11 ft. 4 in.; shot put, 39 ft. 6 in., and hammer throw, 115 ft.

In case satisfactory arrangements are made, California proposes to send on a team of about a dozen men about the first of May.