Vesper Service.

There was an unusually good attendance yesterday afternoon at Appleton Chapel to listen to the regular Thursday afternoon vesper service. After a voluntary by Mr. Locke, the choir rendered the hymn, "Jesus, My Lord." Then after a prayer by Prof. Peabody, the 147th Psalm was read responsively. Mr. W. N. Fessenden, the noted tenor, now singing with the National Opera Company, sang the tenor solo, "Salve Regina," by Will Cox, after which Dr. A. P. Peabody read a selection of Scripture and spoke on the following verse: "I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou should go; I will guide thee with mine eye." The main thought of his remarks was: Good is always with us; His eye sees us always, and He knows all our acts and thoughts. Be sure that His eye rests upon you with pleasure. After a prayer by Dr. Peabody Sullivan's beautiful "Say Watchman, What of the Night? " a tenor solo with response, was sung by Mr. Fessenden and the choir. The service closed with the singing of hymns by choir and congregation.