I. C. A. A. MEETING.

Amendments to Constitution. - Team to Go Abroad. - Election of Officers for Next Year.

The annual meeting of the Intercollegiate Amateur Athletic Association of America was held at the Fifth Avenue Hotel, New York, on Saturday. Harvard was represented by N. W. Bingham, Jr., '95, G. Crompton '95, and A. H. Bullock '96. Forty-eight delegates were present. Michigan, Lehigh, Amherst, Williams, Vermont and Hobart were not represented and the last two named were expelled from the association. Syracuse, California, Dartmouth, and University of Iowa were admitted to membership. The executive committee met in the morning and determined the order of business. On their recommendation the question of alliance with the Amateur Athletic Union was brought up. After a committee from the latter had spoken in favor of the alliance, the matter was debated for some time and finally referred to a committee which will submit it to the several colleges for separate action. The following were appointed on the committee: J. Lee, Harvard; C. Sherrill Yale; P. Vredenburgh, Princeton, and H. L. Geyelar, Pennsylvania.

The first amendments considered were those offered by Harvard, providing that the trial heats of the 100 and 200 yards dashes, quarter mile run, 120 and 220 yards hurdle races, half mile run and two mile bicycle race be decided on the morning of the day of the annual meeting. Pennsylvania moved as an amendment to this that they be decided on the day previous, which would be the Friday before the last Saturday in May. Harvard agreed to this amendment and it was passed by a vote of 14 to 6.

The proposed amendments to abolish the mile walk and to institute a three mile run were defeated.

F. B. Ellis of Pennsylvania introduced the question of having international games this year. He suggested that the executive committee be instructed to address the proper authorities at Oxford and Cambridge with the view of having a contest in track and field games in England during the coming summer, the time suggested being July. Mr. Ellis said that the teams could not be confined to Oxford and Cambridge, but that the latter could have the option of selecting their men if they wished from any college in the British island.

Mr. Ellis's motion was carried by a vote of 15 to 3. The negative votes were cast by Princeton, Yale and Columbia. Harvard did not vote. The events recommended were the annual Oxford-Cambridge program, with the following additional events: Half mile run, 220 yards dash, 220 yards hurdle race, and pole vault. It was also suggested that the substitutes of the team shall consist of the third, fourth and fifth men in the respective events.

The following officers were elected for the ensuing year: S. M. Kendrick of Pennsylvania, president; F. M. Goddard of Trinity, vice-president; H. J. Curtis of the College of the City of New York, treasurer; Russell Van Arsdale, secretary; executive committee, G. G. Kirby of Columbia College, J. C. Waldscheid of the University of the City of New York, G. R. Swain of Princeton, George A. Crompton of Harvard.