Fact and Rumor.

"Songs of Harvard" is on sale again.

There will be a special meeting of the CRIMSON board to-day at 1.30 p.m.

The large float at the boat house has been hauled up for the winter.

The Temple Quartet will sing at Vesper Service in Appleton Chapel on Thursday afternoon.

Beecher, the quarter-back of the Yale eleven, has been elected captain of the team for 1887.

It is said that this year's foot-ball team at Princeton is the strongest eleven that has ever represented the college.

The New York Sun of Sunday contained an epic poem on the Yale-Princeton slugging match on Thanksgiving Day.

Under the able management of Mr. Garrison, the Lacrosse Association is free from debt for the first time in its existence.

The item in the Advocate, to the effect that Mr. C. A. Cushman '87 would manage the senior parties this year, is incorrect.

The faculty has asked for a report of the finances of the Tennis Association. Mr. R. T. Paine, Jr., treasurer of the Association, handed in the report yesterday.

In our yesterday's issue, a mistake was made in the advertisement of the '89 crew book. It need hardly be said that the members of '86 are not anxious for such a publication.

Dr. Brooks will be glad to see any member of the University this evening at eight o'clock at his rooms in Wadsworth House. This will be the last evening he is at home before he leaves.

In the championship games of the past season, Yale has scored 244 points to 4; Princeton, 112 points to 10; Harvard, 66 points to 41; University of Pennsylvania, 14 to 133; Wesleyan. 6 points to 254.

The tug-of-war team which will represent Harvard at the Seventh Regiment games on Saturday is practising daily in the gymnasium. The following men will probably compose the team: anchor, Easton; Chase, Remington and Pease.

At a meeting of the Columbia Athletic Association on Nov. 10th, the following officers were elected for the ensuing year: president, C. H. Mapes, '88, S. of M; captain, A. Stevens, '87, S. of M.; secretary and treasurer, E. Klapp, '89, S. of M. Fifteen directors were also elected from the different departments of the college.

At a recent meeting of the Harvard Co-operative Society, the following officers were elected: President, Prof. J. B. Ames; treasurer, Mr. G. P. Furber, '87; secretary, H. D. Hale, '88; director from the faculty, Prof. J. L. Laughlin: director from the college at large, F. W. Taussig; Law School, R. D. Smith, A. G. Hatch; '87, J. S. Russell; '88, F. B. Lund; '89, G. T. Keyes; '90, Russell Tyson.