Anthropology Dept. Forms Eight Committees in Response to Harassment and Gender Bias Concerns

Harvard Cancels Summer 2021 Study Abroad Programming

UC Showcases Project Shedding Light on How Harvard Uses Student Data

Four Bank Robberies Strike Cambridge in Three Weeks

After a Rocky Year, Harvard Faces an Uncertain Economic Climate in 2021, Hollister Says

Communication.

To the Editors of the Crimson:

Those of us who attended the Junior dinner Wednesday evening will long remember the occasion with pleasure. There we felt that we were not so much individual Harvard students as members of the class of '97. It was a time that many of us had anxiously awaited-a time when our class might meet for pure social enjoyment-not merely a meeting of half an hour for election of officers, after which we would disperse until the election of another year.

All of us realize that with the growth of the University there has sprung up an evil which, unless counteracted, threatens to assume large proportions. Call this evil indifference, individualism, or what you will, it is a fact that it exists today. Anything that helps to alleviate this state of affairs is to be greatly prized. A class dinner, by making classmates acquainted, causing an interest in one another, an interest in the class, does something toweards this end. Why not, then, have more such dinners? Why put off this social meeting of the class until the men are two thirds of the way through college. Why not begin the first year and have a freshman dinner and an annual banquet throughout the remainder of the college life? This is a question which it is now, unfortunately, too late for '97 to consider. But for '98, '99 and succeeding classes it is a timely one.

JUNIOR.