Testimonial to S. F. Smith '29.

An event which will be of unusual interest to Harvard men is the testimonial which is to be given to Dr. Samuel F. Smith of the class of '29, in Music Hall, Boston, on Wednesday, April 3rd. It is the first formal public recognition of the author of the national hymn. A programme of unusual interest and especial fitness has been prepared and the occasion will be a notable one among many memorable ovations that have been given to poets, authors and public men in this historic hall.

The exercises will consist of two celebrations, an entertainment for school children in the afternoon and the main celebration in the evening. Dr. Smith will be present on both occasions. Lieutenant-Governor Wolcott will preside in the afternoon and Governor Greenhalge in the evening.

The musical programme for the evening is an elaborate one. An ode written for the occasion in honor of Dr. Smith to the music of "Fair Harvard" will be sung by the Harvard Glee Club and they will also give another selection during the evening which has not yet been chosen. The Handel and Haydn Society, led by Carl Zerrahn, will sing several patriotic songs. Several prominent soloists will also take part.