The Harvard-Yale Freshman Debate.

At the meeting of the Freshman Debating Club last night the committee having charge of the arrangements for the debate with the Yale Freshman Union delivered its report.

The debate will take place at New Haven on Friday, May 10th. It will be on the subject, "Resolved, That the President's term should be increased to six years and that he be ineligible for re-election." The Harvard Freshmen will support the affirmative.

There will be two trial debates. At the first one, which will probably be held on Monday, April 8, the speakers who represented Harvard in the last Yale debate will be judges. They will choose the first ten best men, who will speak on Wednesday, April 10th, before a committee of judges made up of members of the Faculty. Three representatives and an alternate will be chosen.

All members of the Freshman Debating Club who wish to compete should hand their names to some member of the committee before next Wednesday night. The committee is composed of C. Grilk, R. M. Barker, E. L. Logan, C. T. Robertson and H. D. Bushnell. The order in which the men are to speak will be decided by lot, and the list will be posted on the evening of the first trial debate. Men who do not hand in their names cannot speak until those have spoken who are on the list.

The debate of the Freshman Debating Club last night was on the subject, "Resolved, That the United States should annex Newfoundland." The affirmative was supported by C. Grilk, J. B. Stearns and E. W. Cutting; the negative by C. E. Case, C. F. Gould and I. Zeigler.

Vice-president Gill presided. E. H. Warren '95 delivered a criticism on the debate which was much appreciated. The decision of the judges and of the house favored the affirmative.

The debate next Wednesday evening will be on the subject, "Resolved, That the income tax is justifiable."