Anthropology Dept. Forms Eight Committees in Response to Harassment and Gender Bias Concerns

Harvard Cancels Summer 2021 Study Abroad Programming

UC Showcases Project Shedding Light on How Harvard Uses Student Data

Four Bank Robberies Strike Cambridge in Three Weeks

After a Rocky Year, Harvard Faces an Uncertain Economic Climate in 2021, Hollister Says

University Calendar.

28. Thursday.

Appleton Chapel, 7.30 p. m. Rev. Edward Everett Hale, D. D.

Members of the University are requested to enter by the door on the south side of the Chapel. The front pews will be reserved for them until 7.30.

Week-day morning prayers at 8.45 a. m. No seats are assigned, either for officers or classes.

Rev. E. E. Hale, D. D., will conduct prayers from Feb. 23 to March 5.

Dr. Hale may be found at Wadsworth House 1 daily from 9-11 a. m.

29. MONDAY.President and Fellows of Harvard College. Meeting at No. 50 State St., Boston, 11 a. m.

Botanical Club. Papers by W. F. Ganong on "Flora of New Brunswick"; L. N. Johnson on "Adaptation of Fresh Water Algae to life in Salt Water"; H. M. Richards on "Recent Fungal Literature"; A Nelson on "Certain Features of Tropical Vegetation." Botanical Museum, Room 12, 7.30 p. m.

MARCH 1. TUESDAY.Faculty of Arts and Sciences. Meeting at University 5, 4 p. m.

Geological Conference. Papers by Mr. R. Wainwright on "The Brown One of Georgia and Alabama." and "Magnetic Ores seen in New York and North Carolina." Geological Laboratory, 7.45 p. m.

2. WEDNESDAY.Divinity School. Debate. Divinity Library, 4.30 p. m.

Natural History Society. Lecture. The Song-birds of New England. Mr. Montague Chamberlain. Sever 11, 7 45 p. m. Open to the public.

3. THURSDAY.The Teaching of Geography. What should be omitted in Geographical Teaching? Lecture. Professor Davis. Geological Lecture-room, 4.30 p. m.

Open to the public.

Vesper Service. Appleton Chapel, 5 p.m. Vesper Services will be held on Thursday of each week until further notice. Each service begins promptly at 5 p. m. and closes at 5.30. The public are invited to these services.

Young Men's Christian Association. Address. Rev. M. M. Cutter. Lawrence Scientific School Building, 6.30 p. m.

The Permanent Influence of John Amos Comenius. Lecture to commemorate the three hundredth anniversary of the birthday of the great educational reformer. Professor Hanus. Sever 11, 7.45 p. m.

Open to the public.

4. FRIDAY.Physical Science. (Course for Freshmen.) Phenomena attending Disruptive Discharges of Electricity. Professor B. O. Pierce. Jefferson Physical Laboratory, 12m.

Divinity School Chapel. Preaching Service. Mr. F. A. Gilmore. 7.30 p. m.

Open to the public.

Harvard Union. Debate. Sever 11, 7.30 p. m.

Subject: "Resolved, That the United States was in the right in the Chilean controversy."

Principal Disputants. - Affirmative: H. G. Nichols '93; J. W. Young L. S. - Negative: J. S. Brown '92; E. C. Campbell '92. - All members of the University are invited to attend and to speak.

LECTURE IN COMMEMORATION OF JOHN AMOS COMENIUS.A public lecture, commemorating the life and labors of John Amos Comenius, will be given by Professor Hanus on Thursday, March 3, at 7.45 p. m., in Sever 11.

Extensive preparations are being made both in Europe and America for the celebration of the three hundredth anniversity of the birth-day of Comenius. He has a special interest for Harvard men because he was once invited to become the president of Harvard University.

PUBLIC LECTURES ADDRESSED TO TEACHERS.A course of lectures on the Teaching of Geography is being given by Professor W. M. Davis in the Zoological Museum in the lecture room on the first floor at 4.30 p. m. on Thursdays, the special dates being given below. Teachers and persons intending to become teachers are invited to attend these lectures.

A further course of lectures, addressed to teachers of Botany, by Professor Goodale, will begin on March 11, and the programme of this course will appear next week.

A further course by Professor Shaler will shortly be announced.

The topics and dates of the remaining lectures by Professor Davis as follows:

March 3 What should be omitted in Geographical Teaching?

March 10: Geographical Illustrations.

COURSES FOR TEACHERS.During the second half-year Professor J. W. White will discuss Elementary Methods of Instruction in Greek, on Friday, at 4.30 p. m. in Harvard 1. These discussions will include practical exemplifications of principles. They are open to members of the University and also to teachers not connected with the University who make previous application to Mr. White.

ST. PAUL'S SOCIETY.Rev. Professor Nash will speak on the Communion Service on Sunday, Feb. 28, at 2.30 p. m., in 17 Grays.

During the remaining Sundays of the term he will speak on the following subjects:

History of the Communion Service. - Morning Prayer (during March). - Litany.

Prayer Book as a bound volume (during April).

Open to all members of the University.