Preparatory School Clube.

The men who come to Harvard from the leading preparatory schools have always banded together in clubs to strengthen the ties formed at school, and to advance the interests of Harvard at the schools from which they came.

The largest club of this kind is the Andover Club, which has a membership of eighty-six. The club gives annual prizes for proficiency in English which are competed for by the members of the two upper classes at Phillips Andover Academy. The club holds three or more meetings a year at each of which some prominent alumnus addresses the club.

The meetings of the other clubs are similar to those of the Andover Club. The second club in respect to membership is the Harvard English High School Association, which has eighty-one members. Other clubs are the Harvard Boston Latin School Association, which has a membership of fifty-nine; the Groton Club, thirty-two; the Harvard St. Paul's School Club, twenty-nine; the St. Mark's Club, twenty-five; the Milton Academy Club, twenty-five; and the Worcester Academy Club, twelve.

For some reason there has been no Exeter club at Harvard for some years, notwithstanding the fact that Exeter has prepared more boys for Harvard than any other preparatory school.