Anthropology Dept. Forms Eight Committees in Response to Harassment and Gender Bias Concerns

Harvard Cancels Summer 2021 Study Abroad Programming

UC Showcases Project Shedding Light on How Harvard Uses Student Data

Four Bank Robberies Strike Cambridge in Three Weeks

After a Rocky Year, Harvard Faces an Uncertain Economic Climate in 2021, Hollister Says

Appleton Chapel.

The services at Appleton Chapel last night were conducted by Bishop J. H. Vincent, D. D., of Topeka, Kansas. He spoke on salvation, taking for his text the words: "By grace shall ye be saved."

All power, said Bishop Vincent, by which the soul is restored from evil is due to the grace of God. There is no point at which any man can say that he owes anything to himself and not to the infinite goodness. No human responsibility or work wrought in us by human choice can be compared with the work of God.

Salvation is thought by some to be an escape from hell, and by others to be a state of pleasurable emotion; but its real significance is in changing the permanent element in a man, which we call character. Thus salvation is a transfer from the world of inward confusion to the world of peace and serenity. It is wrought by human decision and by grace through faith.

After a man has found salvation, life becomes a blessing to family and fellowmen; he is then ready for life or for death, and in death he finds truth and eternal life.

The choir sang "Unto Thee, O Lord," Watson, and "Seek ye the Lord," Roberts. E. M. Waterhouse '97, tenor, sang "O Salutaris," Faure.