Award of Bowdoin Prizes.

The announcement of the award of the Bowdoin prizes was made public yesterday. The prizes were awarded as follows:

Class 1. (a.) A prize of one hundred dollars to Joseph Richard Taylor, graduate, for a translation into Greek.

(b.) A prize of one hundred dollars to Arthur Winifred Hodgman, graduate, for a translation into Latin.

Class 2. A prize of one hundred dollars to John Archibald Fairlee, of the senior class, for a dissertation on the wisdom of Gladstone's policy of Home Rule for Ireland.

Class 3. (a.) A prize of seventy-five dollars to Harold Ethelbert Addison, of the junior class, for a dissertation on the Apostasy of Julian and the Pagan reaction of his time.

(b.) A prize of seventy-five dollars to Willis Patten Woodman, of the senior class, for a translation into Latin.

Class 4. A prize of one hundred dollars to Asa White Kenney Billings, of the senior class, for a dissertation entitled: An historical sketch of theories as to the nature of electricity, with especial attention to changes of theory within recent years.

The Bowdoin Prizes, from the foundation of James Bowdoin, are offered by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences to students resident in the University. The authors of the successful dissertations are invited to read them in public at a place and a time to be designated by the Dean.