Communication.

To the Editors of the Crimson:

Every Senior is pleased at the way Class Day has been arranged by the committee and by the vote of he class. And surely all graduates as well as undergraduates are jubilant over the prospect of seeing the triangular race on the Poughkeepsie course on June 25.

But the general expression of opinion is one of regret that the race and the most important day of Class Day should both fall on June 25. We all accept the reasons for holding the race on that day as being for the best interests of our crew and know that to change it now would be next to impossible. But it will certainly cause many disappointments, especially to the Seniors, to have both these events come the same day. Moreover, the race is of unusual importance this year, which makes the disappointment the greater. The general opinion is that some remedy ought to be attempted. The only possible way is to change Class Day, set it one day earlier. Will the Class Day Committee be kind enough to explain the obstacles to such a proposed change, besides the objection of breaking away from the traditional day? If tradition is the only obstacle it seems that the demands of this year are sufficient to overcome it. '97.